Wednesday 25 September 2013

PENCIL SKETCHING


I know that I am no one to talk about pencil sketching. It has been months that i have touched my pencil with an intention to draw something. But now, let me take you through some of my pencil sketches and share some tips i have been using and the defects in them.



These are daily life objects which are taken as subjects. Mind you!! this is just a practice drawing not an artwork or anything. So here are the objects that i have chosen, my jug, specs, study table, hostel room, chair etc... 


Even my window panes were taken for practice drawing.


I have used to draw outlines but never made it prominent. the shape itself was made always with pencil rendering. Then again the use of scale. It is advisable not to use any instruments like that as it decreases the skill to make straight lines of your own, and its not that easy to make corrections if a mistake is made. 
Reduce the use of erasers on practice drawing so that it  is easy for you to develop a habit of correcting your drawings using your pencil itself and yes, not to make much mistakes



Make the drawing not that darker so that it does not look bad if you want to make any changes in them. And please don't use the smudging technique everywhere as it makes the sketch look more and more fake sometimes. But  yes! its advisable to use this technique in small areas while you are drawing human faces and all. but still I would tell not to use it too much. 


Still its my technique that I am sharing with you please don't follow if you have a YOU style in your sketching.

Practice line drawings and mind drawings as well. so that you can improve your line quality , speed and imagination..



Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment